I recently worked out how to run MagicJack working on my Centos box. It’s really easy, here is what you need to do.
1) Install VirtualBox. If you use yum try running yum install VirtualBox-4.2.x86_64
Alternatively just do a yum search for VirtualBox and get the latest version for your system
2) Install Windows 8. Through the beginning of 2013 MS is offering the beta of Windows 8 for download (link removed, but you can find it via google).
3) Launch virtual box and set it up for windows 8. I’m not going to cover the details here, there are plenty of instructions on this if you search for them. Here is the guide I followed for CentOS 6.x (link removed)
Note: You’ll need to make sure you enable USB support correctly in VirtualBox
4) When you launch VirtualBox you’ll see the VirtualBox Manager. Select the Windows 8 image and then click the settings button. On the USB menu make sure “Enable USB Controller” is clicked, then select the + button on the right side and you should see something like “TigerJet Network, Inc. USB Internet Phone by TigerJet” If you see it you’re almost done.
5) Actually boot the Windows8 virtual box image so you’re now looking at Windows. You many need to go to the windows explorer and manually launch the autorun.exe file for MagicJack. You should immediately see it start downloading the MJ software.
6) Finally, when MJ software is done, if you pick up the handset and don’t hear a dialtone, make sure you adjust the volume control. It took me a minute to realize this and for a moment I thought there was something wrong…it was just the windows volume control for MJ was turned down.